Join the team at Nu-Tek BioSciences new manufacturing plant in Austin, MN.
Why work for Nu-Tek?
We work hard, celebrate our wins, and prioritize our employees and customers. Our people come to work each day with a positive mindset, ready to build something great, together. A career at Nu-Tek BioSciences is more than just a job – it’s an opportunity to make a meaningful contribution to the pharmaceutical industry and a difference to the patients the industry serves.
Diversity and inclusion
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe in welcoming people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. Well-balanced teams with varying viewpoints are vital to our growth and success.
Nu-Tek has the following position(s) available. You will receive a pop-up confirmation if your application was successfully submitted. All applications are reviewed, but only applicants invited to interview will be contacted.
Production Operators — All Shifts
Nu-Tek BioSciences is looking for reliable, experienced Production Operators to perform manufacturing functions at our 55,000 sq. ft. greenfield plant in Austin, MN. This non-exempt, hourly position will report to Production Management. These positions will work directly with peers and all management to ensure compliance with company objectives, quality systems, and safety codes. A successful candidate must be dedicated to ensuring the Company’s facility is well-cared for and have a genuine interest in helping the company succeed. Because the plant is a greenfield operation, a strong emphasis on teamwork, training, and attention to detail in equipment operation will be imperative.
$21/hour plus a $1.25 shift differential
- Take ownership for production equipment operations, ensuring that production processing areas and equipment are kept in a safe and clean condition.
- Responsible for clear, accurate, and timely recording of run conditions, run parameters, in-process test results, and all other required documentation associated with equipment operations.
- Monitor equipment and ensure it is kept in good working order. Work closely with management to communicate any equipment issues or concerns as needed.
- Support activities that help the plant obtain and maintain its ISO 9000 and SQF certifications.
- Ensure company policies and procedures are followed at all times.
- High school diploma or equivalent; with experience in food manufacturing preferred.
- Understanding of separation, filtration, evaporation, and spray drying equipment and/or demonstrates the ability to gain understanding of these systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written) with all plant team members.
- Must be reliable and have a history of reliability and good attendance.
- Must be able to clearly and accurately record equipment run parameters and testing results performed in production.
- Strong attention to detail with troubleshooting operational issues.
- Ability to thrive in an ever-changing startup environment.
- Committed to maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety.
- Willing to relocate within 45 miles of our plant in Austin, MN (this is not a remote position).
This positions physical demand is medium work. This position will require the individual to lift up to 50 lbs. This position will require the individual to be able to stand, sit, kneel, walk, bend, squat, twist, and climb ladders and stairs with moderate frequency.
- Competitive wage
- 100% paid health and dental insurance for employee. Competitive rates for family plans.
- 100% paid short-term, long-term, and life insurance for employees
- Annual contribution to an HSA account based on years of service up to the individual max
- 401k Plan with employer match that vests day one
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Work in a brand-new climate-controlled facility with top-of-the-line equipment
Nu-Tek BioSciences is an emerging market leader in animal-free peptones and hydrolysates. The Company’s peptones are used by the largest biologics manufacturers in the world and owes much of its success to its transparency and collaboration with customers. Our entrepreneurial team is growing as we continue to execute our vision. The new Austin plant is part of that vision and once complete, will be the first dedicated animal-free peptone plant in the US.
Nu-Tek BioSciences is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.